You are currently viewing Free Keyword Search Tool

Free Keyword Search Tool

Finding a Free Keyword search tool is the first part of building a lucrative website or online income promoting your selected word or phrase.

Pay big bucks or Pay nothing it’s your call.

A Keyword is just one small part of the equation. We can all pick a Keyword that attracts traffic and I use for example the word Nike.

free keyword search tool
The keys to successful words

Nike is a Keyword, everyone knows it, most will search it over a lifetime and it guarantees a huge volume of traffic. The problem is it is not traffic to you.

Add a tail to Nike like Nike golf shoes Tiger Wood and you can have a chance of being seen.

The first page of any search term 

The average web user won’t go past the first five listings on a search engine results page (SERP). According to a 2014 study from Advanced Web Rankings, more than 67% of all clicks on SERPs go to the top five listings. Things start to get grim when you look past those first few results. Research shows that websites on the first search engine results page receive 95% of all traffic is seen on page one leaving only 5% for the remaining search results pages. 

It gets worse

With the word Nike, there are over 1.7 million searches a month and If you are on page one you might see 296,000 hits on your website if and only if you are consistently on Page one, which is not going to happen unless?

Buying your way in

On every Page there resides some paid adverts, usually the first three or four spots. Using Google AdWords you pay every time someone clicks on your advert, pretty easy stuff except for one simple reason. Cost!

A word like Nike might cost you about $40 a click. Then only 1/10 might buy so your cost of sales would be $400 hardly worthwhile.

So you need to get to page one for free if possible.

How many are ahead of you

This is a very important question with a very easy answer.
Having Nike in your domain name always helps but it is  protected by copy-write so that is not an option

In the USA there are about 100 pages ahead of you or some thousand companies that you must be better than so that is not going to happen.

There are many factors that come into the equation before you make a decision. Age of the website, the number of backlinks, internal links,
to name just a few.

Addressing the keyword issue

The answer is, of course, long-tail keywords. This is when you construct words around Nike to narrow the search term. An example could be Tiger Woods  Nike golf shoes where you could be on pages 3-4 quickly and go to the top by adding just a bit more like a location.

How do you check your keywords?

OK, now we are getting down to Keyword checkers. My favorite is actually free for limited searches, great for amateurs with an upgrade for pros.

You can play with this and get a basic understanding of what you want to find out.

The other end of the market 

I really like UberSuggest, this provides all the information you will ever need but it takes a bit of training

I can go on with this to Google trends, Semrush, and Moz plus you can search google for lots of paid versions but I have given you the top choices so don’t waste time looking for a better answer.

How to use your Keyword

Knowing and having a keyword is just the start of the offering. It is using it in the best possible way.

  • Great if you have it in your URL
  • Use it in your heading.
  • Must be in the first paragraph of your post
  • In your Title and description
  • and one H# heading

Finally, a warning to not overuse it in any post or 
page, Keyword Stuffing in a past issue, and you can now be penalized for it.

All things Internet and training

The Keyword is just part of the broader picture. For complete training on the internet I recommend starting with the free version of Wealthy Affiliate, you even get a free keyword analyzer thrown in.

Don’t hesitate to leave a comment on the free Keyword search tool provided.

Free keyword search tool by Peter Hanley

Image of author
by Peter Hanley

Free Keyword Search Tool by Peter Hanley

Leave a Reply